As I prepare to close this 25th chapter of my life, I’ve decided to share 25 life lessons I have learned over the years.While every year is important, this last year was especially impactful in my growth, both professionally and personally.
Here are 25 life lessons I’ve learned in the last year.
Well, some of these I knew before this last year. But they were definitely reinforced this year.
1. Change is always possible – anywhere and anytime.
2. Don’t compare yourself and/or your life to others – You have no idea what their journey is all about.
3. Don’t be so hard on yourself.
4. You need to learn how to say no.
5. Stop trying to please everyone – Not everyone is going to like you; not everyone is gong to put in half as much effort in as you do and that’s ok! Accept it and move on.
6. Learn from your heartaches – and keep it moving! Don’t dwell on the past.
7. Talk more about what you’re feeling!
8. Take care of yourself first. Listen to your mind and body.
9.Never be afraid to ask for help, for anything, for any reason.
10. Don’t let negativity get you down. If there’s negativity in your life, get some scissors and cut that sh%t out (sorry, Mom). You don’t need that.
11. Saving money is also hard. One of my goals for this next year is to improve my budgeting habits and save a certain amount of money each month. If you have any tips, tricks or good resources, please send them my way!
12. Being single is fun. It is also not fun. Life is full of paradoxes.
13. Surround yourself with people who love you, appreciate you, and value your companionship.
14. But don’t forget to take time for yourself, to be by yourself. Everyone needs that space at some point. It’s good time to reflect and recharge and just breathe.
15. Whenever you have a chance to try something completely new, take it. You never know how much you might love it (or hate it). It’s one of the best learning experiences life has to offer.
16. No matter how nice and genuine people may appear to be… always watch that shit! It’s some evil mother f—— out here.
17. Good things come to those who wait. Good things also come to those who work their a**es off and make stuff happen.
18. Be proud of who you are and who you’ve become. Life in your 20s wasn’t meant to be easy. Everything happens for a reason. God has a plan. Let it happen how it may.
19. Take Risk!
20. There is no I in team!
21. Surround yourself with people who’s further than you and has a wild imagination!
22. Find time to laugh in almost every situation you’re facing whether its good or bad!
23. Never Stop Learning! Always be willing to be a student before being a teacher.
24. Know your f—- worth!
25. Its time for me to relocate! Yes in 2020 I’m moving to a new City and State.
Cheers to my 25th year and to the hundreds more new experiences and life lessons that lie ahead. I’m coming at this next year with wide open arms and a determination to become an even better version of myself.
What are some of the biggest life lessons you’ve learned?